Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Bring On Fall!

September. The word has a Fallish ring to it but Mother Nature is having none of that just yet here with temps still in the 90's. Summer has been long and I'm ready for a change of pace and color. Outside the leaves may still be firmly attached to their branches. Inside however I am in control of the seasons and I say, let there be Fall!!


So this week I dug out a few of my Fall things from the basement. Just a few.. I always begin changing the seasons in my kitchen cupboard 1st. A pretty garland to drape across the top. I've changed all my dishes inside to my old Fiestaware, the yellow, orange and cream colors work well with antique and the real pumpkins which I'll add in October.. A wool felt leaf hangs from the front knob. 



Oh and I couldn't resist sitting out these little guys. They make me smile :)



Do you ever buy fabric just because it is too cute too resist? You might not have plans for it, but it just calls your name....Barbie Jo...Barbie Jo. This piece by Alexander Henry does just that for me. It is part of their "The Ghastlies" fabric line for this year. Amazing artwork, just look at those expressions :) So whimsical and fun! I had to own a piece of it. 



And that cat, Sebastian I believe is his name, Oh my gosh, that look ha ha...I want to pick him up and pet him but somehow he looks like he would not like that lol! 



Oh well. Busy month here. Still working on writing up the newest pattern. 
Getting ready to vend at the Greater Kansas City Quilt show later this month
which means stacking stuff up all over my dining room and making a big mess.
More info on the show to follow soon. 
And this is my Birthday month and I plan on milking that for as long as I can!
So have yourself a great week and thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I have started my fall things, though I wish I had started earlier, lol. Love that cat too, that line is so fun. Happy Birthday to you!

Debbie