Sunday, September 29, 2013

Another year older

The birthday week is over, apparently I've milked that enough this month according to Hubby. Actually we celebrated my birthday early, wednesday night by having dinner on the Plaza in Kansas City with our son and his fiancé. It was a beautiful night and we ate out on the patio of Cafe Trio, looking out over the city, great food, great company, birthday wish granted! 



My real birthday on Thursday was spent setting up my booth with Hubby for the Greater Kansas City
quilt guild show. Phew.. you forget how much work that is until you do it once again. By the time we finished setting up, stopped at a nearby spot for a quick dinner and got home I would have been way too tired to blow out a candle!


The show was Friday and Saturday. Lovely show, was able to meet and talk with so many nice quilters. Also had the chance to chat and meet other vendors, and buy some stuff, which is always a problem being around so many goodies for 2 days! I was not however able to talk Hubby in to buying me one of these beautiful Featherweight machines :(  The vendor next to us sold these, all in perfectly restored condition and running beautifully.


So many beautiful quilts displayed, created by guild members, I have shared just a few of these with you in this Smilebox.. enjoy the show!


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow


2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Birthday week and I enjoyed seeing photos from the show.

Debbie

Unknown said...

Belated birthday greetings! Sounds like a very nice celebration with your family. Loved the photos from the show. It's amazing what people can do with quilting. I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves as an art! ~Roberta