Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Unfinished projects

Look what Jerry pulled out of my car trunk this weekend. A rug I started hooking 4 years ago!!! Not long after we moved to Kansas I was invited to join a rug hooking group that met locally. It was fun, a nice group of ladies and I had wanted to learn rug hooking. My 1st projects were much smaller, two pillows, and after completing those I felt I was ready to tackle a nice size rug. And as you can see, here lies my rug :( Sometimes we have such good intentions. We take on more than we can do. In the end I decided I really needed to focus all of my time on my own design projects. It is awfully cute though isn't it. Maybe I'll take it along on our next road trip.

The battle of the blankets...... Here is Cleo's sweet fleece blanket I made special for her last Christmas. I found this cute fleece print with a kitty who looked just like her. I was excited for her to have her own blanket. I was positive she would be crazy about it because she loved MINE so much.

Well here she is, as usual, on MY blanket LOL! She refuses to go near her blanket. So let this be a lesson to you, don't bother making your cat a blanket, she will always covet yours and you probably just made yourself a new blankie!

Another week as flown by. My quilt top is almost complete, one more border to add, a few embroidery touches and then its off to be quilted! Yea!
Have a super week!

2 comments:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your rug hooked rug. I tried my hand at that too. Bought all the supplies but liked quilting better.

Dandelion Quilts said...

You are so funny. That cat sure is lucky. I love the rug.