Friday, December 17, 2010

Santas Helpers

Santa's little helpers, known as Elves to us, what do you think of these; creepy or cute? I have a collection of vintage elves, made in Japan during the 50s they were very popular Christmas decorations. I always thought they were cute, my children however never shared my fondness and thought they were creepy! But it seems to me these Elves regained their popularity a few years ago with "The Elf On The Shelf" children's book. What a cute book, it comes with its own elf who looks very similar to my vintage ones. Of course I bought a copy several years ago for my grandsons. The elf in the story reports back to Santa on whether you've been good or bad! My daughter and her hubby have fun moving the elf around to a different location each night so it can better keep an eye on the boys.


What reminded me of the elves this evening was my daughters post on Facebook earlier today.
She overheard the boys having a serious Elf discussion. Alex (age 6) was concerned "Elfie" was not real. William (age 5) replied " he doesn't even blink and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a brain".
LOL..... gotta love it!

No comments: