Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A sweet surprise!

My postman delivered a box of goodness to my door today. My birthday is long over, I wasn't expecting any goodies. So what an unexpected surprise this was, gifts from my Polka Dot & Ric Rac Swap secret partner. The swap was hosted by fun loving Sharon of Red Geranium Cottage. Kris from Dandelion Quilts was given my name and made these gorgeous gifts, oh my goodness, I am just floored that she spent so much time sewing these beautiful gifts for me!
She stitched up this amazing purse, isn't the fabric wonderful! Notice the ric rac trim and polka dot accent fabric. Kris really covered all aspects of the swap theme, my photo really does not do justice to how lovely this is!

She also made a co-ordinating tissue and checkbook cover for my purse. Included also were mints, chap stick and thank you notes!

I thank you from the bottom of my heart Kris, for your time and generosity, I will truly treasure your gifts for a long. long time!

I was up against a deadline to finish the boys pirate costumes this weekend or walk the plank! They have a Halloween party to attend this coming Sunday and I have to get them in the mail. Yesterday I ran to Joannes to buy fabric for the sashes. The cutting lines were super long, everyone must be finishing costumes. Waiting for my number to be called I found pirate accessories at 60% off, hats, hooks, eye patches and earrings, too, a great find! At the checkout I spied and purchased bags of chocolate gold coins because every pirate needs treasure. Everything was boxed up last night and shipped today, what a relief, the boys can be Pirates and I can get back to my normal sewing projects.
Brrrr it is getting colder, dropping down to low 40s tonight. Time to bundle up!
Have a fabulous week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg mom-those are awesome! YOu are the best Nana in the whole world! I love you!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Well I just posted and it disappeared. GRRRRRRRR I love your gifts from Kris. She did a great job on everything. And the costumes are soooo cute.