Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Ahoy there mateys!

Just hanging out at the computer, doing a little blogging and waiting to hear Sarah Palin give her speech. We are getting soaked in Kansas as the hurricane remnants make their way through the central plains. Our temperature dropped nearly 20 degrees and it feels like Fall is on the way. Its time to get a start on those Halloweenie costumes I make for Alex and William every year, it will be here before we know it. I didn't even ask Alex what he wanted to be this year, (William being only two could care less). But, after last year I do know better than to ask. Last year Alex wanted to be a TURKEY! No pleas or persuasion could change his little set mind. He just wanted to be a TURKEY! Well let me tell you, there is no such thing as a turkey pattern, I researched that high and low. I ended up using a chicken pattern that had cute funky legs and feet. I used brown fleece, then made up a big fan shaped tail with multi colored fabric feathers on the front, stitched a waddle to the hood and it worked! And it was a lot of work. A true labor of love I'll tell you. This year I am going easy on myself. I gave Alex no choices, I told him he was going to be a Pirate, and William too. He seemed fine with that. I found this nice easy Pirate costume by McCall's Patterns and am on a fabric hunt for the pants this week.

This afternoon I was on a different fabric mission. I ran to Quilters Haven in Olathe. I just love visiting this shop. Owner Debby Richards is the best! They are moving in to a larger space in the same plaza soon, I can't wait to see the new shop. I bought these pretty pieces for my next quilt design.

Scattering around a few fall pieces. Here is a little wool hanging from the "Cats Rule" pattern.
Cleo really is the princess in this house you know! Her little beaded necklace spells "Cleo".
And the stick that holds it in place, which took me ages to find just the right one, is now broken in half- ALEXANDER...... LOL! I guess munchkins just cant figure out why in the world I would have a stick there right! Bless their hearts, gotta love them!

All rightey then, almost speech time, and then maybe a little sewing.
Have a great rest of your week, can you believe its almost Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool you make the halloween costumes for the boys. Can't wait to see how they turn out!!

Anonymous said...

No fair! My boys want homemade costumes tooooo! :P

xoxoxox

Red Geranium Cottage said...

OMG I love that pattern!!!!! SOOO CUTE.