Sunday, December 22, 2013

Two more days!

The big day is really close now, my count down Santa shows 2 days!
I spent this week in the kitchen baking, lots and lots of cookies, cut outs, iced thumbprints and candy cane cookies, just a few of my Moms recipes. I crank up the Christmas music and get after it, pretty soon a dusting of flour blankets the kitchen and bowls of icing colors and sprinkles are everywhere. And each year I say I am not going to go through this mess anymore…. and when I'm done I feel spent yet complete and content, it just would not be Christmas without Moms cookies! 


Last night we had our 1st significant snow fall, only a few inches but it looks like we will enjoy a white Christmas with temperatures hovering near 0 the next few mornings. The house has been decked out for weeks now, with anticipation of Grandpas arrival, Hubbys Dad flew in all the way from Florida. We are so excited to have him here with us, this week we will have pictures to take of 4 generations! These few days before Christmas should be relaxed and pretty stress free. Tonight we visited our son  and his fiancé and had dinner with them. Tomorrow Hubby and Gramps will pal around and I am going to make a big pan of fudge and maybe do a little hand sewing.


Most of my family and friends know all I want for Christmas is a kitty. I know poor Santa has been feeling a lot of pressure over this. And of course I know we do not always get what we want so I am going to try to not think about this…... too much.
And so before closing I do want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, may you experience all the wonders and joys of the season. I'll be back next week, maybe with pictures of my new kitty ha ha!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry xmas and i hope your wish comes true.xx

WoolenSails said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and your Christmas wish comes true. I lost my tuxedo and was so upset, but one day, 3 years later a stray tuxedo walked into my yard and he is now a beloved member of our family.

Debbie