Monday, November 23, 2009

Flip flops to snow shoes

We're home once again! Jerry and I spent all day yesterday flying, 3 flights from Florida to Kansas, nearly 12 hours from door to door. We had a wonderful little visit with Jerry's Dad, sister Julie and brother in law Steve. Each year we try to co-ordinate our flights with Julie and Steve who live in Pittsburgh, to meet in Tampa where we all drive up to his Dads in Ocala together. We couldn't have asked for better weather, cool mornings and evenings, 80 degree afternoons. Golf for the boys, pool time for the girls. Dinners out and games in the evening, sooooo relaxing!
Each year we go to the huge, and I mean HUGE outdoor flea market. We buy sunglasses, fudge and silly stuff. This year we tried to outdo each others hat style for our Saturday boating adventure.

Julie and I got big straw Chinese hats, the boys, doo rags or visors with fake "hair" sticking out of the top.
Saturdays boat trip was so much fun. We drove to Homosassa Springs where we rented a pontoon boat for the afternoon.

Our Captain for the day was none other than our sea worthy experienced BIL Steve.

Thank goodness we had him along to navigate our way out to the gulf! What a sight the Gulf is when you live in a land locked state. Just beautiful!

Although the signs were posted we never did see a Manatee.

But there were plenty of sea birds, one on top of every marker.

And of course lots of Pelicans.

The Coast Guard seemed to be following us most of the way back, I don't know if it was our funny hats or what LOL!

We only saw one alligator, this little guy sunning on a log.
And now I am back home, where we have no sea birds or family close by. I do however have one very large bird thawing out in the frig, gobble, gobble, gobble, Turkey Day is quickly approaching. I am off next to make up my grocery list, a big feast for three!
Most of all I am thankful for my family and friends, both near and far, wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving where ever you are!

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am LOVING that hat!!!!!! Where can I get me one???
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!