Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back to School

I had the best evening last night! Even though it was 99 degrees, hubby and I ran our sons last load of "stuff" down to Jons new apt in Lawrence. Moving in a college town can be somewhat difficult. One rental lease was up on Friday but he could not move in to the new apartment until Sunday. He had to bring everything home for 2 days! Well, anyway, here he is all situated once again with his stuff. This apartment is way different from his last two. It is in an old house right on the edge of campus, very convenient for walking to classes. Hard to believe this house has 6 apartments in it! Although older, it had a nice college feel to it. Two bedrooms, a bath, teeny kitchen and sitting area, large bright windows, perfect!

Of course I don't know if he wanted us to see the apartment or this LOL! I have to say the frig is nice and clean though, don't you think?

You have probably heard me say before, I love going to Lawrence, besides getting to see my boy it's a fun place to go! The town just vibrates with all that youthful energy, who needs to go to a spa, I could just sit there and soak it all up and leave feeling rejuvenated. The city of Lawrence is very old, founded in 1854, it has a lot of history. The Oregon Trail ran through what is now the KU Campus which opened in 1865, the Santa Fe trail ran just south of the city. The campus in itself is just beautiful, situated high on top of Mount Oread. My boy gets a really good work out walking up and down that steep hill every day!
And so many good places to eat, I am working my way through the list!

We took Jon and his new room mate, who we liked a lot, to dinner. It was Taco Tuesday and boy was this place CROWDED!

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Besides all this great food I could spend a whole day downtown going through cute shops. Two quilt stores, that could be an afternoon in itself! Jon told me he found a giant antique store we would love, so I guess that will be on our menu for next visit!
And PS, did I tell you this is my Sons last semester, yep, he's on the home stretch, I am so proud of him! Can you tell?
Hope you are having a happy week. I plan on heading back to the drawing board to work on the next Annie. And maybe get a little sewing time in. My head is swimming with ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww cool!!! I just love Johns new place!!! It's awesome! Looks very college boyish!!! hehe! Thos tacos look Yummmmyyyy!!!! :D
xoxo