Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meatloaf, Valentines & Flat Stanley

Meatloaf in the oven.... mmmmm, smells pretty good in here and now I have a little time to
plop down and write a quick post! I love Valentines Day, a sweet little day to break up the winter doldrums. A day filled with hearts and candy, cute little cards that say I Love You.... :)
Do you decorate for Valentines Day? I found darling Valentine kitties to scatter about my sewing room. Add a stack of Robert Kaufman polka dot fat quarters, how purrfect would that be for a Valentine project! 


Valentine kitties tacked to the bulletin board in my sewing room and a strand of vintage Valentines, my sewing room is a happy place to be.


This past week was very busy here and enjoyably so. Friends of ours from Buffalo NY flew in to visit, 
friends of 35 plus years, so special to have such a long lasting friendship. We had the BEST time and did a little bit of everything, their time with us flew by way too fast! 
We had another "guest" during their visit. This little guy flew up in an envelope from Oklahoma City,
meet my "Grandson" Alexander lol! Perhaps you may be familiar with a school project called "flat Stanley". If not, a school age child mails a paper image to you with a request to show "them" around your city and provide information (postcards, maps, pictures etc) telling the class about your city. You then mail all the info you gathered back to the school for their class to learn from. I did one for another Grandson last year. His flat Stanley was only envelope size. This one is actual size and more cumbersome to drag around.
Here he is having tea and pastries with my friend Kathy and I at a local favorite chocolate shop!


Perfect timing, the oven buzzer is going off, time to put dinner on the table. 
Bon appetit!






2 comments:

KaHolly said...

Mmmmmm, meatloaf. Sounds good. I don't cook, but I can make meatloaf. Perhaps for supper tonight? Stopped by from Troublesome Creek to check out your sweet stitcheries!! Was surprised to see Flat Stanley! I did the Flat Stanley thing for my young cousin. http://tsflatstanley.blogspot.com/
It was lots of fun. ~karen

Nanette Merrill said...

WHERE DID YOU FIND THOSE KITTIES!!??? oh my gosh how cute. happy belated valentine's day