Tuesday, October 30, 2012

BFF's

I guess I left you hanging there right before my friend Patty came to visit. And now she's been gone a whole week but boy we sure did have a great time! The days flew by so fast I didn't take many pictures, but I'll tell you we kept plenty busy. 
We mostly fixed dinners here at home, probably because it seemed we ruined our appetites every afternoon visiting the ice cream store, my favorite Andres Chocolates for tea and pastries or Dean and Delucca for cookies on our daily jaunts. Hubby did however take us to dinner on the Plaza in Kansas City. We had to ditch the pj's and spiff up a little, you can see Patty is ready to party in her sparkly wine glasses top! Anyways, we went to a restaurant I love, and especially this time of year....Cafe Trio. 


My little picture does not do much justice to the spectacular job they do decorating for Halloween! 
The ceilings are covered in cobwebs with giant sparkly spiders tucked inside. Dozens of skeletons wrapped in mummy style wraps hang in-between, the atmosphere surely invites a pre-dinner cocktail, perhaps a Bloody Mary!




A good portion of our time was spent relaxing, chatting and sewing, listening to old music. We yanked out all my wools and Patty stitched up this cute pattern block by Liberty Rose. She is going to finish it as a pillow, won't that look cute in a little antique chair or bench for Thanksgiving! 



I sat and worked on completing 2 projects, both pillows are made from wool felt, the patterns are new to my web site this week. They are fast and fun to make, a great gift or a cheerful addition to your holiday decor. Scottie loves to run in the fresh fallen snow. He wears his new green sweater and sports a festive bow for the holidays.


With a carrot nose and button eyes this snowman sure is jolly. I love snowmen,
don't they just make you smile :)


Tonight is Beggars Night, or so it used to be called when I grew up in Transylvania Pennsylvania, when some kids would beg for treats the night before Halloween. 
Sunday we were invited to friends for dinner, after dinner was over we were each given a pumpkin to carve. It was a lot of fun, I guess we never grow up, here is what our crew looked like.



My favorite part of Halloween is a nice glowing pumpkin... and lots of leftover candy!
Boo!



No comments: