Monday, June 11, 2012

Bye Bye Florida!

Hello... I'm back! Catching up on all those things that pile up while you are away. Hubby, our son Jon and I flew to Florida last week to visit Grandpa, my father in law. Grandpa is 90 years old, hard to believe that isn't it! He sure has been blessed with incredibly great genes.


You can tell your'e in Florida when you see lots of these.


And the coconut people :)


Mid week the 3 of us drove south to Saddlebrook Golf Resort to meet my sister who retired in Florida
recently. Saddlebrook was a nice half way spot just north of Tampa for us to spend a little time and catch up. Love it here! The view outside our suite, so lush with tropical vegetation.



Don't see much of this in the midwest.


Dozens of Egrets were nested in the trees. 


Hubby and I, Sissy and her hubby. The boys golfed and we girls pool sided it. 
The mens US soccer team was staying here also... hubba hubba hubba!


Me and our son Jon. 


We had a nice visit, caught up all all there was to catch up on for awhile. Played cards at night, lots of laughs, a wonderful buffet breakfast before heading back to Grandpas for the duration of our stay.
The only disappointment during our week was the weather. It rained 4 days.. and I mean poured! So
much for returning with a nice tan! I did however finish a stitchery, and the books I had on my nook. The boys played shuffleboard, pool and bowled. Dinners out and more cards at night, we kept busy.
And now I am happy and content to be home, I truly think that is what a good vacation gives you, happiness to continue on with your daily routine.

2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

The pictures were all wonderful but that first picture of 90 year old grandpa was fantastic. He is standing straight and tall and looks like he could do anything! I'm impressed.

WoolenSails said...

He definitely has good genes, looks more like 70.
Looks like a fun time and always nice to see new environments and areas, to inspire us.

Debbie