Sunday, March 29, 2009

No room at the Inn

Or maybe this post should have been titled "Men At Work" because that that pretty much sums up the past 2 weeks here! Jerrys Dad arrived from Florida 10 days ago. Jerry and his Dad had been planning a re-model on the guest bathroom over the phone for quite some time now. Hubby took vacation time to spend the week with his Dad and their pet project. Gramps is 86 years old, and when he comes to visit he does not like to let any grass grow under his feet, he likes to keep busy, helping with projects!
Here lie just a few tools of trade, scattered all along the upstairs balcony I believe just about every tool from the basement work room has made its way upstairs. Lots of banging, sawing and pounding going on. They replaced the tile around the tub and layed new floor tile. It was a much bigger job than they anticipated and is slowly starting to come together once again. In the midst of this upheaval my daughter Erin and her little family drove up from OKC on Wednesday. It was a fun and truly much needed break for all of us. The boys got to see their Great Grampa, we played games, cooked out and enjoyed their time with us. They left at the crack of dawn Friday morning as blizzard warnings were posted for much of Kansas and parts of Oklahoma as well.

The weather held off here until Saturday. Then it was rain all morning turning into sleet. My beautiful tree that just started to show its pretty blooms is now encased in ice.

The sleet turned into big fat heavy wet snowflakes and we ended up with about 8 inches of spring snow! I do have to admit it was very beautiful to watch yesterday. Gramps has not seen snow in over 20 years and we enjoyed the moment.

This morning we blasted out the driveway and headed down to KU to take Jon and girlfriend Carly out to brunch. Only 40 minutes away, the sun was out and not a trace of snow in sight! Here's Gramps with the kids, doesn't he look absolutely amazing at 86!

I always try to end a KU visit with a stop at the Stitch On Needleworks Shop. I could have spent lots more time in there for sure but the boys were getting restless. I bought background fabric and some bright prints for an up and coming project.
Grandpa heads back to Florida tomorrow morning. It will be strangely quiet here.
I will be catching up on after the company leaves stuff, picking up, washing bedding and such. And hopefully find time to start my next sewing project!

1 comment:

Amy said...

love tha fabric choices!! glad to hear everyone is ok.gramps is looking GREAT!!