Monday, November 10, 2008

Gobble, gobble, gobble & Christmas Countdown!

Yikes! It has been awhile without a post! The Christmas countdown is on. Out came my little countdown Santa today, I know, he is 2 days short, seems his number blocks will not keep time in the 40 some day range, gotta get down to the 30s. He sits on my kitchen window sill every year so I can panic a little more every day when I change his count down numbers.
Basically I have been holed up in my sewing room much of this past week. I have been sewing like crazy, finishing up my Polka Dot Swap gifts for XXXXX, oopps, I almost said her name,
which have to be mailed by Saturday. It has been a fun swap hosted by Sharon of Red Geranium Cottage, as all her swaps are. So now my gifts are ready to wrap and head out of here, I'll show you what I made when they arrive to their secret destination and gosh I sure hope she likes them!

Here is the little November block from my Calendar cats quilt, it has always been my personal favorite. And Turkey day is coming up fast also. It's just going to be the 3 of us again this year. I already cooked a turkey last month, none of us are in the mood for another. So, we are going to go a different route, not sure what that will be yet, but a nice festive dinner on a smaller scale.
I know that probably sounds wonderful to some of you who have HUGE crowds to cook for and truthfully I do envy that!

Now it's off to finish drying my hair and head for the post office, yep I am way behind today, I spent the morning sewing!
Thanks for stopping in and have a fabulous week!

1 comment:

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute cat block that is. Is this your pattern Barbie Jo?? Love your little santa Christmas counter. YIKES I better get going. Christmas is a coming.